Monday, June 14, 2010

Someone said to me the other day....

"How many kids do you have?"
To which I proudly responded.....
"I have FOUR boys."

And do you know what she said?


"Oh I'm so sorry."


And do you know what I wished I had said.
Because I'm not very quick on my feet.
And I always think of what I wish I would have said a few hours later.
But if I had said it, I would have totally meant it.

"I'm not. I hope I have 6 boys."


And that's how I feel these days. I absolutely adore my boys.
I think I could be eternally happy with a family of all boys.
I think it might actually be BETTER to have the same gender.
And let them all do boy stuff together.




I mean, look at these guys. How could anyone be sorry?
I am madly in love with each one of them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved them too. They all came dressed like cowboys, and were all dirty from playing outside all day... it was so cute. If they were mine, I might want more too. But I tend to raise monsters, so it doesn't quite work for me :) But your boys were so sweet and so cute. It would be fun to have all of one sex.

Mindi said...

I can totally relate. I've lost count of how many times I've heard "oh your poor husband" when people find out I have 4 girls. Or "just wait until their all teenagers". I can't even believe the nerve some people have, especially to say "I'm sorry". (I've heard that one too). You're sorry that I have 4 beautiful, healthy children?
Your boys are adorable.

Mindy said...

I cannot get my mind over how big they are! I mean, G. Jesse is the same size Henry {it was Henry, right?} was at EFY!

Jocelyn said...

First of all, cute layout.

Second, seriously...why are people so tactless? I've had some pretty....interesting....comments from people about my little family, too. Ya just smile and nod and hope you have a fun comment at the ready.

I love my two and two, but I could have been very happy with 4 of either.