Monday, June 7, 2010

Potato Bug

Yesterday as I was getting Henry out of the car for church, he had a little ball pinched between his fingers. He showed me proudly and agreed with him that it was really cool. We got into church and Dave was sitting up on the stand with stake sustainings, so I was alone with the kids. Several minutes into the meeting Isaac tells me Henry has a bug. I tell him no he doesn't. "Yes, he has a potato bug." *LIGHT BULB* Oh yeah, that little ball was a potato bug all rolled up. "I think it's dead." I told Isaac. Then I looked over and saw a potato bug crawling around Henry's hand.

He had brought a live bug into sacrament meeting.

I was alone with these four kids, there was no way to get rid of the bug without making a huge scene! This poor little bug was his entertainment for about 30 minutes of the meeting. The family of girls behind me had a good laugh. The bug was eventually legless, and I think Henry figured out how to open and close him even once he was dead. I kept trying to convince him to throw the bug out, but Henry thought that was the worst idea ever. At one point, he pointed his little finger toward my face which had a black stringy thing on it, I'm assuming guts. Finally Henry agreed that the bug was done and we wrapped him up in a wet wipe and threw him away.

Phew.

I love boys.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Erica, I don't know what the big deal is ... I take potato bugs with me to Sacrament and General Conference *all* the time. ;)

Brittney said...

you better love boys, because it's too little too late if you didn't care for the gender. :)

love the bug-to-church story. that's awesome.