Tuesday, May 19, 2009

REAL love

(Conversation as Isaac rode his bike home from his friend's house)

Isaac: Mom is love gross?
Mom: Why? Who told you that?
Isaac: Is love gross?
Mom: I don't know, why are you asking?
Isaac: Because Jillian and I are in love.
Mom: No you're not
Isaac: Yes we are Mom.
Mom: No you're not, you just like each other a lot
Isaac: Yeah, we like each other a lot so we decided to be in love
Mom: No you're not really in love
Isaac: Yes Mom, we are really, really, really, really, really, in REAL love.
Mom: No you're not.
Isaac: Yes we are. It's kind of weird, I don't know how but it just happened. And we are really, really, in real love. We go on dates now.
Mom: You can't date until you're 16.
Isaac: We don't go on REAL dates, just pretend dates, because we're in love.
Mom: No you're not.
Isaac: Yes we are Mom. How do you know?
Mom: Let's go ask Dad about it okay?

It looks like his girl-crazy best friend rubbed off on him. Hopefully Dave will read this post and have a good father/son discussion about love and dating at age 5.

ps I cut out about 200 of the "reallys" and several of the back and forths of "no you're not"/ "yes I ams."

4 comments:

The Johnson J's!! said...

WOW!! My Jillian has a way with the boys doesn't she? They were inseperable yesterday! Good to know that they are "in love". Jillian is too embarrassed to tell me those things! I too gave it to Jonathan and am having him try to explain!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love it.

Hilary said...

I'm laughing. Good luck with that. :)

Cathie said...

Oh my! I want an update! :) So cute...I hope.