Monday, May 18, 2009

Lately




"Mr Angry eyes" comparison


Here are some things going on lately-

G. Jesse- Smiles and goos and sleeping well at night.

Henry- He is staying out of the road more and more! He is becoming one of the big boys. He sits on a bar stool instead of a high chair, eats whatever the big boys eat, and sleeps in their room. He still loves shoes, and can actually say the word. He still loves eating, he eats at least as much or more than his older brothers. He is still exceptionally fun, sweet, and easy going. Henry is about to break his eye teeth through finally. He speaks jibberish in long sentences and stories. He can ride a big wheel now with his brothers. He brought me a bee in his hands the other day!!

Dawson- Brought home his picture he colored at church yesterday with the name "Daws" on it. I didn't know that it was that solid of a nickname. He knows 22/26 letters and their sounds, but usually only gets around 18-20 of them right when we go through them all, but gets different ones wrong every time. He also sings the abc song. It is all thanks to the Leapfrog DVD Letter Factory that we bought 2 months ago. Thanks to Lindsey and Katie for bringing it to my attention! He still uses the force on us, but I think he might have realized that he hasn't fully developed that yet as he is just a youngling, so he hasn't been using it as much lately. Dawson is Isaac's little sidekick, following him around and trying to do whatever he does. We teach them that they are each other's best friends, and they are more important than any friend that might come around. I hope that philosophy stays with them forever! Dawson peed the bed last night. He was not happy that I stripped his bed, which is what caused the angry eyes above. What a guy!

Isaac- Now has a cell phone. Granted, it is a pretend cell phone, but he likes to carry it everywhere with him. I had to confiscate it yesterday when he was talking on the phone during the sacrament. He was whispering very quietly, but I still thought it was inappropriate. He told me that a few days ago he was talking to an older boy in the neighborhood and said he was going to call his mom. The boy asked him how he thought he was going to call his mom and Isaac whipped out his cell phone and said, "With this!" I actually would love to get him a cell phone, but I could never trust him to not run through the sprinklers or something with it in his pocket. So I guess he'll have to stick to the pretend version. Isaac learned all his addition and multiplication from another Leapfrog DVD. I think he only watched it 3 or 4 times before he had them practically mastered. It appears he has a math mind like his mother, but he'll probably be much smarter. Isaac informed me that he no longer wants to be Indiana Jones when he grows up, but that he wants to be a parent. I thought that was so sweet. I told him he could be a parent and a DOCTOR! He thought that sounded okay. Then yesterday he told me he wanted to be a parent, a doctor, and a bishop. He had already okayed that with his father, so he knew it was possible. What a little over achiever.

ABC song



Very distracted attempt to get Daws to show off his letter/sounds skills- he didn't do very well, and I got frustrated and quit at "v" but decided to post it anyway thinking it was kind of funny.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Not gonna lie--my grandsons are brilliant just like their mother!

Lo said...

Wow, I wasn't sure I could love your children more than I did, but this post has me sold. Tell G his friend/aunt Lauren says hi, Bubba to keep up the babysitting skills, Dawson to remember "L" like Lauren, and Isaac good luck with his Parent/Doctor/Bishop. Really though, does it get any better than that?