Thursday, May 7, 2009

Catch up

WOW! My life is totally full! From the time I wake up in the morning until about 10 minutes after we close their doors at night (10 minutes to make sure they really are asleep) I am surrounded by little people and their needs. This summer will be nuts! And I will be very excited to have the two older ones in school come August. It really is fun though, I just watch them all in adoration, I LOVE THEM! They have grown up so much it's amazing. But with this very busy life I have, there is just no time to blog. I think about my blog a lot, but it's hard to abandon my children for long enough to do it. In fact this paragraph should have taken about 2 minutes or less to compose, and I think I'm working on 15 minutes with all the distractions. So let me catch up a little bit anyway.

G. Jesse- He is now 2 months old. I think he is about 10 lbs. He has gigantic darker blue eyes and his skin is now pale pink instead of yellow! I call him my rollercoaster baby. I never know quite what to expect from him. Some days he has been perfect and others I have spent a great deal of time on him. He was starting to show some signs of colic, it was getting worse every day. Finally after taking a couple of hours to get him to sleep one night I took him to the chiropractor. I'm SO not a natural medicine person, but I knew I didn't have it in me to deal with another Dawson. After only two visits to the chiropractor he is back to being a calm baby and a good sleeper most of the time. Last night he slept almost 9 hours straight. That was a good feeling. He still loves to be swaddled and loves his binky. We had his baby blessing on Sunday, and it was the first blessing I actually got pictures of, I've always been too busy that day. His blessing was quite amazing, I mean I know they all are, but wow. And he didn't cry during it. That is my worst fear on blessing day.

Here is our family before church. I pushed the timer and ran to the couch, so we only had one shot. It's not too bad!


The proud big brother. He just loves this baby.


My 4 boys!


Henry- is becoming such a big boy! He is finally starting to talk, a little late, but he has now caught up with the 18 month word count, just in time. He is still very sweet, but a silent little troublemaker. He just sneaks up on the bar and turns on the water, or disappears into my bathroom to play in my drawers. He loves to be outside at any chance, but I have to be with him because he prefers the road to the grass. *Sigh* I keep hoping he'll grow out of it soon. But luckily he has the most delicious little smile still, and he even plays with my hair sometimes to try to butter me up. Pretty good for an 18 month old.


My little Daws is the big boy now. He is fantastic most of the time. I'm really proud of him. He sleeps dry at night in his bottom bunk, and is totally potty trained during the day too. He doesn't drink a bottle, and is even starting to eat a little better too. The new cool thing at my house is cereal, and Dawson eats several bowls of cereal a day now. He also LOVES grilled cheese sandwiches made in the party press. Look at this cute little missionary!


Dawson uses the force at every opportunity. Whenever he wants us to do something he sticks out his hand with a concentrated look on his face and starts walking backward waiting for us to move. It's getting old.

A proud mom! I do love having a baby, and I love having 4 kids. They are all so fun.


My little baby G. Jesse yawning.


I was trying to catch pictures of his cute little monkey outfit.


Another picture of the monkey

VERY mad that I rolled him over to get a picture of the monkey that comes out of his pocket.

The boys love to shower now. We have a big, fun shower, and they love to all be in there together.


Isaac started playing soccer, and Dave is the coach. He actually made a goal at the last game. He's not very aggressive though, he is happy just jogging along with the herd. And I'm thinking soccer is a very dumb sport because it either rains or snows at almost every game.


And G. Jesse at the soccer game. (With the jacket you gave Isaac, Aunt Mame)

And lastly, we had a huge rainstorm that I couldn't resist. So me and the boys ran outside in the rain. Then we went inside and took a shower (I had my swimsuit on, don't worry). It was fun.

4 comments:

Astyn said...

Hey Dave and Erica...it is fun to check your blog and catch up on all of your goings on. I am so impressed that you can handle 4 little kids. I can barely do our cute little 3 from dawn til dusk.
I am so glad that you are raising 4 boys too. Our ward is full of little girls and there have been a plethora of twin girls especially....it makes me happy to know that little boys are being raised somewhere that our daughters may marry. Should we go ahead and arrange something??? haha

Katie Petersen said...

erica- very cute post! Looks like you have your life filled with lots of love!

Erica said...

Oh, Astyn, there are 7 babies in our ward between Feb and May and 6 of them are boys. I can't remember the last time I held a baby girl. I would be more than honored to arrange a marriage. My 5 year old is going to be quite the catch! BTW, I sent you guys a birth announcement and it was returned to me. I got your address online, I don't know why it was outdated. Anyway, just know that we were thinking of you.

Mame & Don Kammann said...

Those boys are just beautiful. Wish I could see them in person! Give them all kisses from me. Love you, Aunt Mame