Saturday, March 28, 2009

Back to the lights

G. Jesse's bilirubin didn't go down after taking that medication, so he is back on the lights again. Hopefully his liver will start working again and we can be done with the lights soon. The crazy thing is that at his appointment yesterday he had gained 7 ounces from the last weight check on Tuesday. That would have him gaining a pound a week.... He's going to be huge!

He's NOT happy about the lights this time. To punish me for putting him on the lights, he slept terribly last night. His worst night ever. Just the night before last I woke him up shortly before the 8 hour mark because I was uncomfortable. And last night his longest stretch was 3 hours! Agghhh! I'm not even going to try to have him sleep on the lights tonight. I enjoy 8 hour stretches much more than 3 hours.

And just for your amusement.... Last night Dave was fixing something with superglue and he kept putting the glue in his visor, kind of like it was a pen.... The hat came off, but the glue didn't. Apparantly some glue leaked out and glued his hair to the tube. We cut it out, and everything is fine, but we had a good laugh about it.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Josh and I are having a good laugh! Thanks Dave. We missed you at church today. Hopefully it wasn't more than the lights and a bad night sleep.

Tina Mitchell said...

I love this, makes me laugh. Good Job silly Dave!