Monday, March 2, 2009

The night in L&D

Yesterday evening I started into contractions 10 minutes apart. Then they were 7, then 5. I googled false labor vs true labor and it said to take a bath and a big drink to stop false labor. So I got in the bath and they were 3 minutes apart then. After an hour at exactly 3 minutes apart we went to labor and delivery. They told me I was at 4 cm now, and we watched the contractions at 3 minutes apart for awhile. I wasn't in any pain, that's why I thought it was false labor. After an hour I was at 5 cm and further effaced. So she called the dr. and he said lets try to stop it.

So they shot up my arm with Terbutaline and we waited an hour. It muted the contractions but didn't stop them. So they told me I was staying the night and gave me a sleeping pill. I fell asleep at 3:00 am and woke up at 6:00 am, unfortunately. The contractions were far apart and not very strong and I was able to go home around 11:00 this morning.

The dr. said that's the last time they will try to stop the labor. So now I sit at probably 5 cm waiting to see what happens next. And I'm SO tired. Too bad I'm not a good napper. Hopefully I get a good night sleep tonight.

4 comments:

Jen said...

What a night. Sounds like it will be soon. Let me know if I can help with anything. Good luck!

Jocee Bergeson said...

Holy cow! This baby really is going to be here SOON!

Cathie said...

Oh man. That doesn't sound fun. I hope that you get some sleep too.

Brittney said...

very exciting!