Friday, March 20, 2009

2 weeks old and full term!

A day late, but G. Jesse can't read yet, so he won't mind.

As of yesterday he is officially full term. Of course I still have 3 weeks until his due date. I'm sure glad he's here and healthy, and I'm not still pregnant for 3 more weeks!

At 2 weeks old he....

-still sleeps most of the time
-has slept a 7 hour stretch at night, followed by a 4-5 hour stretch all week, wow!
-just started pooping yellow
-loves his Nuk binky
-had his first professional photo shoot
-lost his cord stump (at 8 days)
-is out of preemie diapers and into newborn diapers
-is starting to fit into his preemie clothes

And at 2 weeks I.....

-don't trust him even though he is very sweet and sleeps incredibly well for a baby his age. Newborns can turn on you at any moment...
-still LOVE having a new baby
-think I have the hang of putting 4 kids in the car now.
-can't wait to get to the gym... I feel really fat!
-still have 17 pounds to lose, 5 pounds more than I had with the other kids at this point. Maybe my scale is broken? (While I'm talking about weight, can I announce that I came home from the hospital having had an almost 6 pound baby, and had only lost 4 pounds... very discouraging)
-had an old guy at the gas station talk to me with the assumption that I was pregnant. I couldn't wait for that conversation to be over!
-feel guilty that my little Bubba isn't the baby anymore.
-feel grateful for all the help and nice things people have been so generous with
-think G. Jesse looks like a different boy every day. One day I'll think he looks like Henry, the next Dawson. It's so fun!
-can't keep track of my kids names. For goodness sakes, I'm only 26!
-actually don't want to get pregnant again right away. Wow, I didn't know what this felt like until now!
-love all my boys, love being a mom, and feel SOOOOOO happy!




Here he is having his first bath. He liked it at first, but before long he wanted out!


I don't usually take open eye pictures, because they never look very intelligent, but oh well.


Isaac is a great helper. He always wants to hold the baby, and will hold him for quite a long time.


My itsy bitsy boy.


It's too bad pictures can never remind you how small your baby really was. But here is Dave holding the little 5.5 pound boy. It still looked a lot more extreme in person.

2 comments:

Tiff Rudd said...

Love this post and hearing that you are doing so well as a mom of 4! You are seriously one amazing woman and mom! G. Jesse is so cute - a good combination of your other boys!

Anonymous said...

Cute! He looks so small! I still can't believe you had him in the car! Why can't my baby sleep that long? I have a wolverine on my hands, he can't eat enough! I love newborn stage too. And I don't want to get pregnant either, but I think I am good with NEVER being pregnant again! That's weird to think of.