Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thoughts on Christmas


We saw Santa Claus at Disneyland. Isaac said, "Mom, that Santa looks different than the last Santa I saw."

Santa came to our ward party last night. And after Isaac sat on his lap he ran back to me and said, "Santa forgot what I told him I wanted!" I don't think he even told Santa again what he wanted, he was just baffled that Santa wouldn't remember that he told him only 4 days ago that he wanted a Storm Trooper Helmet! Weird!

That kid is just too sharp, I don't know how long the Santa thing will last for him!

This year I bought my kids DVDs and video games. What mother buys strictly media for their children? But my kids have incredible imaginations, and are quite pleased with the toys they have, so I decided they didn't need any more toys, but we have very few movies, so that's what I bought.

It gets worse. I bought Isaac Narnia 2, which just came out. He wanted to rent it from Redbox, but I told him he had to wait until he got it for Christmas before he could see it. That makes it more exciting right? Last night I opened it up and watched it after he went to bed. How can I make him wait if I couldn't even wait? And what kind of person opens a gift and uses it before they give it? I hope he reads this someday and finds out what a terrible mother he has.

Those are my Christmas thoughts. Holding my breath that no more Santa curiosities arise, and excited to plant my kids in front of the DVD player with some new DVDs.

1 comment:

Lo said...

If only we could get Joshua on the same train of thought as Isaac. I can flat out tell him who Santa really is, but he just tells me I'm lying. Lots of love from the Biada house!