Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Baby Bubba

So here is the update on my Bubba. He hadn't made any progress until last night. I was starting to get depressed. I admit I've had a lot of extreme thoughts including wheelchairs as I've wondered what the heck is wrong with this kid. We have made an appointment with a pediatric Rheumatologist at Primary Children's hospital. We are hoping that he/she gives us some clarity on things, but we'll see.

He doesn't appear to be in too much pain, but he still can't walk. I have tried holding his hands to walk him, and IF he will even let his feet touch the ground, which is a big IF, then he can't pick up his feet to walk. I put him behind a walker, and he took a few necessary, clumsy steps as he pushed it forward, but then figured out how to pull it back so he didn't have to step. The progress he made yesterday was standing alone. He actually let me stand him up, and he stood there by himself for a good minute! That made me feel good to see some progress, and to see that he had a little bit of balance.

The good news about Henry, and this was a proud moment in a mother's life, is that we learned yesterday that he has the "force." As the big boys were playing with their lightsabres, Henry stuck his hand out in the air and made a "chhhhh" noise as he forced them from my lap. Hopefully he'll be back on his feet using a lightsabre again soon!

I'll keep you posted after his appointment. Please keep praying for him! Thank you!

4 comments:

3 sons + 1 daughter=my crazy life! said...

OMG Erica....I will keep little bubba in my thoughts. I am an RN and there are a million things that could be causing him to not walk...it could be just plain fear...fear of feeling the joint pain he did when he had the virus and it's imbedded in his memory. I hope that is all it is. Take care and your family is in my thoughts.

Mindy said...

Erica, I'll be praying for him and your family. I love the Lows!

Roxie said...

W\e will definatley keep him in our prayers. Let me know if you need anything..tend kids, treats, you name it! Love ya ...roxie

brookiebaby said...

Oh honey, how awful! I'm not a mommy yet, but I'm sure that it's horrible going through that watching your little one be in pain and not knowing how to help! PLEASE keep us posted on your blog, and I'll keep your little guy in our prayers!! Give him a big huge for me!!! Is he in the hospital still???