Sunday, December 7, 2008

DISNEYLAND!

Disneyland was absolutely perfect! Isaac was the perfect age to soak up everything, and tall enough to go on all the rides. He loved every second of it. It was the perfect time of year to go as it wasn't hot, and there were hardly any lines to stand in. Only a few of the newer rides had long lines, but I don't think anything was over 25 minutes. My personal opinion is that if you go to Disneyland in off season, you don't need more than 2 days, we did everything we wanted to do... sometimes twice!

Our first ride was Space Mountain. Imagine taking your child on a dark rollercoaster! I freaked out, and clung to Isaac just to make sure he was still there. He wasn't scared at all, and I loosened up quite a bit after that! His favorite two rides were Star Tours and Autopia (The one where you drive the racecars.)

Here are Isaac and Matthew with their tickets

Isaac studying the map

The most important part of the trip. Isaac got chosen on the first try for Jedi Training, and he was in absolute awe. He did just great fighting Darth Vader. I think this is quite an amazing show.

Matthew preferred riding in a stroller, but Isaac was just happy walking with me. But Matthew did let Isaac ride with him once.


The kids meals are really cute there. The Mickey ears were little burgers, and the waffle fries were delish! We took the plate home with us. Gotta love free souvenirs!


No wait for the carousel! I wonder why?

The Monsters Inc. ride


In line for the Toy Story ride, which is REALLY cool!

The Toy Story Ride is a game, you shoot this cannon and see how many points you can get.


Looking at the Holiday Small World. It was so fun how they implemented holiday songs into the Small World song, and all the little people were dressed up for the holidays.


Isaac's favorite ride. He loved being able to drive!

He was a remarkably good driver. He hit the bumpers a lot less than the adults ahead of us. Only 12 more years to go, but I think I have a good driver to look forward to.


Eating a Dole Whip float while waiting for the Tiki Room. Does life get much better than this?


The only picture you'll se of me. I'm looking way too round for my own good. (Not just in the belly unfortunately!) And the humidity destroyed my hair!


We didn't see very many characters, but the main Disney Characters were around a bit.


The Buzz Lightyear ride. There was never a line, we loved it!


The castle was all covered in snow. Everything was decorated for Christmas, it was beautiful!


Brooke was nice enough to ride on the spinny rides with the boys. I didn't think my tummy could handle it.


I couldn't believe that Isaac wasn't scared of the Tower of Terror. He loved it.


I can't think of a better kid at a better time to take to Disneyland. Isaac enjoyed it so much, and we had fun going on all the rides together. It was so nice to not miss a thing since it was just us two. I was so grateful not to have any babies with me, although I saw my friend Ashley there and she seemed to be having a great time with her baby. We had a lot of fun going on a road trip with Brooke and Matthew, we just love them! It was the perfect trip, we loved it all, and thanks to the grandmas and Dave for watching the babies for us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Erica- It looks like you guys had a blast at Disneyland... it was so fun to see you there. Disneyland at Christmas time is the best!

brookiebaby said...

Yay for Disneyland!! I really like that idea of mommy/son bonding...maybe I'll have to try it in a few years! :)