Saturday, January 12, 2008

Random 1/12/08

I've hesitated to post because I didn't want Aimee's post to bump down. :( But here goes:

My sister-in-laws gave me a beautiful flower arrangement (Had it sent to the funeral home). Thank you so much to them! I looked at all the cards of the flowers and finally found mine, it was kind of fun!

A group of my high school friends sent Dave and I a date night gift certificate. SO NICE! Thanks! It was so thoughtful, and the best part was that each of them gave me an individual hand written card/note. It was really sweet. I'll get you all handwritten thank you notes ASAP. It's amazing to me that all of our high school group is so sweet and supportive. Not that we were terrible in high school, but growing up is always a great thing. ;) They are an amazing group, I'm glad to associate with such awesome women.

A funny thing happened. I was up feeding Henry the other night, and as I walked back to my bed I heard a noise coming from my locked toy closet. I unlocked it and when I looked inside the toy phone that Aimee gave to Dawson for Christmas was lit up and ringing. I wondered if I picked it up if Aimee would be there on the other side. Half laughing I picked up the phone and said, "Aimee are you there?" Unfortunately no answer. Hey, it was worth a try!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

I wish she would have answered back:)

Anonymous said...

Erica, I am so sorry to read about your sisters. I can't imagine what a hard couple of months this has been. You have such a great outlook though. You are a great writer too! Thanks for having a blog to let me see your cute family. I love your posts. We should get together sometime! Amber

Jocee Bergeson said...

I'm glad you got our gift in the mail. And, I hope you have a good night out w/ Dave. I know you love to eat, so I figured we couldn't go wrong with that. I asked Dave if you were into flowers or chocolate and he said neither. I too don't like getting flowers and all but I DO love chocolates (if they are the RIGHT kind...can't just be something random). anyway, love ya!