Friday, January 25, 2008

Everybody's Sidekick

So do I talk about anything other than my kids on this blog? Probably not, but I guess that's because they make me so happy. Seriously, what do people without kids do all the time? Dave and I are always laughing because of these kids, they are so funny. Anyway, Dawson keeps appearing in the pictures I take of other people lately. He seems to be everybody's sidekick. He is so fun right now, he plays with Isaac really well, and is much happier as he is learning to talk more. Every morning when we watch SportsCenter on ESPN, I try to teach him the words of the individual sports so he doesn't just call everything ball. So far we have "dribble, dribble, shoot" and "hockey". I think it's because "hockey" sounds like "cookie", which is a word he's been able to say for awhile :). He has become very accustomed to using the word "mama" and it's so much nicer to have him come to me saying "mama" and pointing instead of just screaming at me.

Here is Daws holding the much coveted lightsaber. Fortunately for him, Isaac is too absorbed in his conversation with Caleb to notice. ("No Caleb, you can't come to my house, my mommy says she has a big mess. You want me to come to your house? Okay, just a few minutes, I need to get my clothes on." You'd think two three year olds wouldn't have much to say, but they can talk forever.) Also notice Dawson's blanky. He is really into his blanky these days.

These pictures made me laugh. I had no idea Dawson was in the picture, I was too engrossed in Henry's cute smiles and coos.


This picture captures what Dawson has been doing since the day Henry was born. "Bubba," he says, and gives Henry a big lick on the head.

2 comments:

Tiff Rudd said...

Your boys are just too cute! I think Henry is looking just like Dawson! And, I agree, life just wouldn't be the same without kids!!

Carrie said...

The lick is the best part! Although you know, Henry is going to wonder why you let Daws do that to him.