Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Faith of a Child

On Sunday night we awoke to Isaac screaming shortly after midnight. Isaac is a VERY tough child. We have known him to get black eyes, smashed fingers, chipped teeth and bruises galore, and he barely even cries about it. He has never been sick other than mild colds, and he hasn't let me give him medicine in almost 2 years.

So when we heard him screaming, we knew something was wrong. As I walked into his room he was thrashing back and forth and rolling up onto his head, in EXTREME pain! I couldn't get him to stop and tell me what was wrong, so I pulled him out of bed and had him stand up. Dave finally got him to say that his ear was hurting. I quickly went and mixed up some chocolate milk with some Motrin in it, and came back. He couldn't drink it because his throat hurt too badly. He still was in excruciating pain, and we didn't know what to do. I was in tears at this point too. I couldn't stand seeing my baby in pain.

Dave asked him if he wanted a priesthood blessing. He said no. Dave told him that Jesus could make him better if he would let him give him a priesthood blessing. He agreed to that. So Dave annointed him and when he took his hands off his head Isaac cried, "I'm not better!" Dave told him that he hadn't done the blessing yet, and if he believed that Jesus would make him better he would feel better after the blessing. Dave gave him a wonderful blessing and within a few minutes after the blessing Isaac stopped crying and went back to sleep.

This was such a wonderful miracle to take place in the middle of the night! We are thankful for the healing powers of the priesthood and the pure faith of our precious son. When he woke up he felt completely better. He told everyone all morning that, "Jesus maked me better." He had no doubt in the priesthood.

1 comment:

Katy said...

That is a truly beautiful story.