Thursday, May 17, 2007

A boating we will go!

We took our first boating trip without any help. I launched and trailered the boat, and Dave backed up the trailer to the water. We couldn't believe how smooth it went even for us boating dummies. The guy who sold us this boat said it pretty much loads itself on the trailer, and he's right. It is so easy to load! We got this awesome 3 person tube at Sam's club, and we love it! It is very safe and child friendly, we even took the babies on it. (April and Tim went with Ethan). It was a beautiful day, and the water wasn't even that cold. I've gone boating the first of June before when the water was FREEZING! I guess this unusual May weather has warmed up the water early. I'll admit though, I still didn't want to get all the way in. Just getting wet in the tube was enough for me. I'll have to get up the courage to ski next time. I can even kneeboard this summer since I don't have a big belly (no comments PLEASE!)

Our first waterskiier (Tim)
The skipper too.

A funny shot of Dawson. The lifejacket squished his chubby cheeks, and just like his big brother always did, he fell asleep whenever the boat was moving.
Mommy & Isaac tubing together. We even crossed the wake!
Our whole family fits on this tube!




3 comments:

Trisha said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Great tube too. I've missed reading these past few days:) I liked your mothers day posts.

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! I LOVE SUMMER!

Anonymous said...

We're all jealous of your cool tube. In fact, Dad is looking at buying something similar at Costco! I'm glad your boating was such a success.