Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to the birthday party

So we borrowed our friend's camera for Walker's birth so we could get better pictures than with our own camera. Unfortunately, Dave never checked to see if it was on automatic in the haste of the delivery, and took a whole bunch of overexposed pictures. Oh well, I have some sweet video of the whole thing, so we will live without the pictures.

Buuuut, my sister in law, Brooke took a few with her iphone and they are classic.


Here is the little guy after shooting through the birth canal in 15 seconds. Not too bad, but...



Here is what I remember seeing. He looks nothing like my children. Look how funny he looks! I said he didn't look like mine, and nurse Wendy assured me he hadn't left the room. And here comes the classic part.


SHE CAUGHT MY FACE! Here I am seeing my baby for the first time. I thought he was really funny looking. Look at the face I am making!

And a shot of me afterwards, after natural childbirth. I really didn't break a sweat. And I felt great.


Luckily, he started looking like a Low after a few hours, and by the next day I thought he was absolutely beautiful. But when people say they were in love with their babies from the start, I can't say I've always felt that way. It takes me a few minutes!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I am laughing so hard because I know EXACTLY what you mean! I think I even wrote about how squishy Cannon was....it was my nice way of saying, "I hope this child ends up being cuter than he is right now..." Yeah, I get it! And he is. :)

And you rocked the natural childbirth. You look like you just had a great rest and had a shower and got all ready and were ready to go out on a date. Pretty impressive, I must admit.