Monday, November 21, 2011

NICU Photobomb

So the NICU has pretty much terrible lighting. At least our room, couldn't even see the light of day. Imagine that, 2.5 weeks before you ever see your child in the light of day. It was kind of cool to see him in reality. Anyway, I couldn't seem to catch a picture of him that looked decent. That is partly due to the lack of good equipment.

Luckily this adorable nurse in the NICU is a photographer as well. She is expecting a boy and really wanted an owl hat like Walker's. So we traded a hat for some photography (I got the better end of the bargain by far). I think I already wrote this story, but oh well.

She came back a second time to take some pictures with some better lighting. So this is the second photo shoot with a little bit crisper photos, but less alert baby. She is so awesome. What a great blessing that I had her!!!



Have you noticed how busy Walker's hands are? They are always up messing with his face!





I went to snuggle him every feeding whether it was a breastfeeding or a gavage. I would snuggle him like this while they pushed the milk through his tube. I didn't want to miss any moments with him. And that was made possible by a fantastic dad, grandma and grandpa, and some good friends who offered their time and 2 days with a nanny. There were some other people involved, but my brain isn't functioning enough to remember who right now. But thanks to all those people, I could be at the hospital 20 hours a day with my baby.





1 comment:

Ann said...

I love him so much. What a beautiful gift to the world! (And to me, thanks Erica)