Sunday, November 6, 2011

11/5

When I went down for our 9:30 feeding this morning, Walker was wearing clothes!!! The doctor had taken him off of the lights. It was so fun to hold him and see him in clothes. He's so stinkin' tiny, it's so cute. The doctor also ordered to try nursing at every feeding, but after pushing him to do that for a few feedings, he had a bradycardia and a de-sat and my nurse thought that we better back off. So now we're trying two breast, one gavage (tube feed). Last night we got 39 and then 18. So it shows that he doesn't have the energy to do as much the second time in a row. I'm going to talk with the dr this morning, and try to explain to him that I don't want to push this little guy too hard. Personally, I think his bilirubin is going to jump up again.

Walker had a photo shoot today. One of the nurses in the NICU is pregnant and she asked if I would make her one of my owl hats. She agreed to take pictures of Walker in exchange for a hat (unfair trade, I'm going to really try to pay her!) What could be better than a photographer who knows her way around the NICU already? She knows what to do with all the wires, etc. Where they keep the cute blankets. It was awesome! I'm going to talk to the new manager of the NICU and recommend that they offer this to all the parents. It will be so cool to have this experience documented, and she is really good! I think a good photographer can make the pictures look better than real life, and hers definitely did. She will be working tomorrow and she said she'd bring the camera and take a few more. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I am loving the updates!
Slow uphill progress is good!

Mindy said...

Pictures in clothes! Pictures in clothes! :) P.s. I would LOVE an Owl hat!!!!!