Wednesday, November 16, 2011

HOME!

We are home and having a wonderful time. The boys are all desperately in love with their brother. He has been very pleasant so far (although the dr predicted him to be colicky/refluxy, we are enjoying him now). The hardest thing for me was leaving the hospital. I kind of felt like I was kidnapping their baby. He lived there for 2.5 weeks, and suddenly I stole him and took him to my house. He had also been monitored his whole life and they let me take him home and put him in a crib unmonitored? And the first time he woke me up in the night, I was so confused/disoriented. I always woke up to a phone call from his NICU nurse telling me it was time to feed him. But it's been great, and I have enjoyed every second. I still haven't figure out how to do a few thing (like mop the floor) with 5 kids, but I'm sure it will all come in time. I just don't ever want to put him down.

So despite the tears I shed at leaving our NICU family behind, I feel totally fulfilled as the mother of 5. I keep thinking I must understand how Michelle Duggar feels now, but I guess we have a 15 child discrepancy, so maybe not.

2 comments:

Katie Petersen said...

Erica! What a cute family! You look awesome! Congrats on the new addition! You have such a cute family! :)

Jocelyn said...

Is your mother just beaming with pride? Honestly...you are simply incredible.

And I had never thought of it that way, but how weird to one day have him monitored every second and the next, he's home and under your complete (and not even close to undivided) care. Weird. But you're doing it amazingly well, I'm sure.

I love and admire you so much. You're amazing!