Saturday, November 15, 2008

My latest soup obsession

My friend gave me this soup, and I couldn't stop thinking about it afterwards. We ate it in a breadbowl, and it was to die for! It makes a pretty big recipe, and freezes well. This will be our dinner tomorrow and I can't wait!

Cheddar Vegetable Soup
Leslie Pocock


4-5 Cups cubed Potatoes
1 Cup Chopped Cauliflower
2 Cups Chopped Carrots
1 Cup Chopped Celery
1 Cup Chopped Onion
2 1/2 Cups Water
4 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
2 Cups Chopped Broccoli

« Dissolve bouillon in water and boil & simmer all veggies
except broccoli for 20 minutes. Add broccoli and cook another
7 minutes.
« DON'T drain.

1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Flour
2 Cups Milk
1 Tbl. Dry Mustard
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1 Pound Velveeta Cheese

« In a separate pan, melt butter then add flour and mix well.
Slowly add milk and stir well.
« Add dry mustard and pepper and cook until smooth and thick.
« Remove from heat and add cubed cheese.
Stir until cheese is completely melted then pour over veggies.

2 comments:

Emily + Eric said...

Yum. This seriously sounds delicious!

Tiff Rudd said...

Sounds yummy! I had a soup craving during my pregnancy with Brooklyn! Adam got sick of it pretty fast! :) I think enough time has past, so I'll be making this soon! :)