Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm going to Disneyland!

For at least a year we have been trying to find a time to take Isaac to Disneyland on a Mommy-son trip. Taking babies to Disneyland doesn't appeal to us at all, and we think having that one-on-one time will be priceless. We have mulled it around a ton and finally booked it. We wanted to try to be creative and find a way to do it without taking money from our family budget, and to do it as cheap as possible. We have been very creative to come up with "found" money and to shave off as many costs as possible, and I must say we've done a great job! It is all worked out now, and Isaac and I are going to Disneyland with Brooke and Matthew (his cousin) on December 1st and 2nd. We are so excited. We are watching videos of the rides, and the thing that he is most excited about is the Jedi training where you get to fight Darth Vader and Storm Troopers.

Isaac is a little sponge, he soaks up everything, and remembers detail I can't believe he remembers. I am so excited to hear him tell stories about this all the time after his trip. He is so enthusiastic about things, it's going to be a blast.

The Jedi Training on Youtube.com

9 comments:

Ann said...

May the force be with you and the younglings!!!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

how fun! We had such a great time taking Britton to Disneyland earlier this year (and he's lots younger than Issac). He's going to have a blast! Can't wait to hear about it once you get back!

Brooke Low said...

Three weeks is way too long to wait! Hey before I forget I found a time share place that gives two free disneyland tickets for listening. Interested? I know how you and Dave love these things. This can be one of you Wednesday activities while we watch the kids. I think the website is jetsandjustice.com

brookiebaby said...

Hurray for Disneyland!! I think that that's an awesome thing to do one-on-one with Issac! He'll have the best memories from that! Just don't over do it walking all around the park! Thanks for your comments on my blog. As twisted as it sounds, it's so nice to know that I'm in good company with my issues! :) I'm so sick of having people say, I can't really relate, I've LOVED being pregnant! It makes me feel like a horrible woman/future mommy! I also really like the bean idea. That really puts it into perspective, huh?? Thanks for the positive thoughts!!! I'm getting to the point again that I need them!!! :) LUVS!

Emily said...

FUN! We've taken Brielle every 2 years since she was 2. She's remembered every trip...even the first one.

Cathie said...

This was Colters FAVORITE part of Disneyland when we went in September! He still talks about it. You will have SO MUCH FUN! You can see a picture of him fighting DV on my blog a couple posts back.

Tiff Rudd said...

Yeah! Sounds like fun!! What a great idea to have some fun mommy-son time!

Cathie said...

One of my friends just found out she is pregnant with baby boy #4. You need to go to her site because it is funny...and I think you can relate. http://www.wirigs.blogspot.com (hope it is okay I told her about you too!)

Tauna said...

yeahhh! how fun for you. I remember at my mom's you and dave bringing this topic of discussion up. I thought it was a great idea. so way to go for thinking big!