Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Happy Birthday and Anniversary to you Dave!

On Friday, Dave and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. We were down in St. George for a family vacation, and the five of us stayed in a tiny hotel room. Fortunately, the kids went to bed and we were able to watch a movie (August Rush---- LOVE IT!) in bed and we had a bag full of goodies to munch on while we watched (I went downstairs to see if there were any cookies at the front desk, and as I walked away, the manager started talking to me and found out it was our anniversary..... he hooked us up with all the random goods they had in the breakfast room). The funniest thing was earlier that night when we got back to the hotel, I was sitting in the car telling Dave what a let down this anniversary was (Dave is VERY romantic, so I was surprised he didn't plan much for this big day.) Dave was standing outside the window, when he told me he got fireworks for our anniversary. Sure enough, there was a great fireworks show that we watched from our car. Thanks for the fireworks Dave! :)

Today is Dave's 35th birthday. WOW! I'm married to an old man. Happy Birthday and fifth anniversary to you Dave. I love you!

I really am married to the most incredible man. 7 years ago, a Patriarch in Bountiful pronounced a blessing on my head, which held incredible promises about my husband and marriage. Dave has lived up to the promises these five years, and has truly made me so happy. It's funny when people talk about marriage being hard, I don't even feel like I understand. Marriage really isn't hard for us, and I attribute it to my being married to the most patient, happy, forgiving, humble man ever. Dave and I have had so much fun for the last 5 years. Dave is fun, and creative, and has given me 5 years of marriage, 3 boys, and 7 trips to Hawaii. What more could I ask for? Thank you for 5 wonderful years Dave! I love you! Happy Birthday and anniversary!




Dave's birthday presents: Hamilton's gift card from my mom, Tomato sandwiches from Tim, and a fish finder from me and his parents.
And my new traditional Chocolate layered cake

1 comment:

Elise and Lane said...

Happy Birthday Dave-from Lane & Elise! And don't worry, Lane and I have almost the same age difference! 25 vs. 33!