Friday, June 8, 2007

6/8/07

Time for a random post

Yesterday we went and had an ultrasound to see our little baby. And................... it's a................................ totally inconclusive ultrasound. This is a busy little baby (reminded me of Isaac). He was moving around constantly and we couldn't see anything for longer than a split second. Dave thinks he saw something boyish, which got us excited, but really the Dr. didn't have a clue. I'm not sure if Dave knows what he was looking at, but we'll be thrilled if he's right. My OB said based on my lack of morning sickness this time he thought it might be a girl, and Dave was VERY disappointed at that. I'm sure if it's a girl he'll come around, but both of us would love a big family of boys. So, we'll see on July 2nd. That is the date of my official ultrasound (done by a tech, not a dr.) Hopefully we'll find out then, and the baby will be a little more squished- unable to swim around so much.

How does the phrase go? "Absence makes the heart grow fonder?" Something like that. Anyway, it's true. When I was in Bountiful this weekend Dave bought a book called, "1001 Romantic things to do." He narrowed it down to a list of about 40, and got to work on them. When I arrived home, he had a bunch of wonderful things waiting for me. He had even bought me a new hairbrush to keep next to my bed so he can brush my hair before bed every night. It feels so good! He's also been complimenting me more, even telling me he thought I had a great body (And that is quite a compliment for this sick pregnant body. I'm in a really awkward phase right now) Anyway, I'm married to the most awesome guy, and I love him! Thanks Dave for being such a great husband.

Isaac came running into the house 2 nights ago, and out of the blue he fell. He somehow hit his eye on the corner of the oven, cutting it and giving himself a giant black eye. Totally accidental, but totally self inflicted. No good story of some mean kid or something (There was the little bratty blond neighbor girl who gave him a black eye once). This picture was taken a few minutes after he fell, and when he woke up the next morning, it was almost swollen shut! He looked like Rocky Balboa. Poor kid!


Isaac is so tough though, he was barely even crying when it happened. Dave walked in a second later and didn't know what had happened. He told Isaac if he didn't quit whining he was going to bed. I thought it was funny, because if it happened to me you wouldn't wonder if I was hurt. I'd be screaming! Isaac is a tough dude.

Dawson is SO cute right now! He is so funny to watch crawling around. One of my favorite stages with kids is when they learn to talk. He is just starting into it, and I love it! He is not totally consistent, he won't always say these things when you ask him to, but when he gets in the mood to talk, he'll really show off. He will say "Da-da" for his daddy of course. And "Ma-ma" only when he is mad (I'm not convinced he even knows what he saying for this word). He can say "ball", and even go fetch the ball for me (Who needs a dog?). And of course my personal favorite, "Buh-bye" which is occasionally accompanied by a wave. The best part about his tricks is he claps for himself. Really he claps all the time still. You know the song "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands." Must have been written for him. Most of the time his clapping goes with a big grin and two distinct dimples showing.

I found him in his crib like this, and HAD to take a picture. He even smiled for the camera! He must have been having a good dream!
There you have it for my random post. We leave for Hawaii on Monday, and I have a lot to do to get ready. So naturally I'm sitting at my computer blogging instead! Hopefully I'll have some great pictures to post when I get back!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

That was a very fun read:) I love how Dave is such a hopeless romantic! So sweet. And your boy adventures are always entertaining. (I'm rooting for a girl though.)
OH, and I'm such a total air head! I forgot to give you that yogurt and now you're leaving... I'll probably still try to get you to take a pack when you get home. Sorry.
Have so much fun!