Wednesday, August 22, 2012

This is what it's all about

Last night we were outside. Our ward mission leader was trying to talk to me when Dawson went cruising down the middle of the road on his bike. I paused my conversation to tell Dawson he needed to put the bike away for the night. He interrupted my conversation so many times after that so I told him he was grounded. He kept going on, do I told him he was grounded for 2 days. He went crying to his older brother who waited until the man left, and then politely asked,

"Mom, can I take one of Dawson's days for him?"

Seriously? That child is amazing, and their bond as brothers is unbreakable. They are positively best friends, and I am thrilled with who they are becoming. (I still have a lot of work on my 3 year old, but I hope to get there someday with him)

2 comments:

Mindi said...

That is quite possibly the sweetest thing I've heard. What a sweet boy.

Jocelyn said...

This brings a tear to my eye. I love that they're 'getting it.' And I have hope my kids will one day, too! You give me inspiration!