Monday, August 13, 2012

Dodged the bullet (sappy post)

This post just wraps up what has been on my heart......pretty much always. 

I don't usually watch tv.  We only have an antennae to get channels, let's be honest, we have 5 kids and no time to watch tv anyway, but really it isn't our thing.  But I watched the Olympics a bit with my little family.  It was awesome.  Did you see the commercial about dodging the bullet? 

Anyway, I don't have any funny stories like that, but some recent conversations with people and experiences have made me realize how blessed I am to be married to the great Dave Low.  I can't help it if I chose well in my spouse, can you blame me?  He is just so fantastic, and I am so lucky with how incredibly he treats me.  We have so much fun together, and getting along comes so naturally to us.  While I didn't have any crazy exes like the commercial, I can see that I definitely dodged a bullet in not marrying any of them.  I sit on our bed, in our beautiful house that we love, with 5 children that I'm crazy about, and my loving husband calling me from his dream job to plan that we will leave at 3:00 to go tour the Brigham City temple, and I can't help but feel like my life is perfect.  It isn't perfect, we have plenty of things that aren't perfect, but all the important stuff is just perfect.  I'm really happy, and really blessed.  I wish I could explain this better, but I know God has helped my life to be right where I would be happiest.

Example- Yesterday my husband had meetings for his church calling (YM president) almost all the day long.  Seriously.almost.all.day.  We only saw him for a few hours.  In those few hours, I made him take care of all the kids so I could have a break and he did it!  He dressed 5 boys for church and got them there on time while I was at my church meeting, and he put 4 of them to bed.  Putting them to bed means brushing teeth, reading scriptures, praying, and getting out the cattle prod to chase them to their beds (j/k on the last part).

Another Example- I mentioned that I wanted to buy a bunkbed for Henry and G. to put downstairs.  This was at 9:30 at night.  He immediately started researching and told me to buy the bunk bed on Monday.  He is so supportive of me, I love it.

Another Example- He arranged the temple tour for today to be with a General Authority so that we could get the VIP tour (with help from his sister who has the connections) and has been researching our options for a fun dinner afterward in Brigham City.  Can you see why this guy is so loveable.

A funny story- We were at a training for work recently and we sat by some women that knew Dave long before I knew him.  They were teasing saying that I had been really good for him.  I replied that he is the BEST husband.  Their eyes went wide and they were so surprised that I would say that of my own accord.  I guess not everyone has such things to say about their spouse.  :)  But it's so true.

This is 6 years old, but the main thing that changed is my hair color.  :)

I just can't get enough of this guy!
In addition to all these wonderful things, this guy has dimples, black hair, and the most incredible blue eyes ever.  He is gentle and kind, generous, and full of the Spirit of the Lord.  I LOVE YOU DAVE!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I liked your "sappy" post. :) My favorite line however, was "the only thing that has changed is my hair color." HAha! :)

Erica said...

Are you suggesting that I have aged mindy? I have NOT! *huh!*. I have ONLY changed my hair color, duh!

Jocelyn said...

I love to realize how we become our best selves when we marry well. You married well ---and so did Dave!!

I genuinely dodged a bullet with some of the guys I dated. How very thankful I am!!