Sunday, July 13, 2008

Crock Pot Chocolate Cake

Thanks for all the comments on my hair! It has been so fun, I'll have to post more pictures so you can see some other styles I've done. Sorry for the confusion, but no, Dave didn't cut my hair. He was just trying to recreate that picture. "Chin down, look up, turn your head.... etc." But geez, I would love it if he could cut/color my hair. Think of all the money we'd save! I really need to get caught up with my blog, but we've been so busy this summer! I need to post on Cancun, Flaming Gorge, EFY, and after Wednesday we'll have a surgery update. (Isaac is getting his tonsils out, hernia fixed, and cavities filled all on the same day.)

This is an oldie but a goodie. I haven't made this recipe in awhile, but I'm making it tonight.

Crock Pot Chocolate Cake- MUST BE DONE IN THIS ORDER

Mix 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 cup of flour, 3T cocoa, 2T baking powder, 1/2 t. salt. Stir together
Add 1/2 cup milk, 2T butter, 1/2 t. vanilla. Spread in bottom of crock pot.

Mix 3/4 cup brown sugar with 1/4 cup cocoa. Sprinkle over mixture in crock pot. DO NOT STIR.

Pour 1 3/4 cup boiling water over mixture in crock pot. DO NOT STIR

Cook on high for 2-3 hours.

1 comment:

Tiff Rudd said...

WOW, you have been busy...can't wait to hear about all of it! I have started cutting the boys hair to save money - just tell Dave to get learning! :)

Good Luck with surgery tomorrow! Sounds like it is going to be a tough day! Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the recipe! Can't wait to try it!!