Monday, June 30, 2008

My haircut

I've desperately needed to do something to my hair for awhile, but I haven't known what to do. The perm and the color had grown out, and I wasn't sure which I should do first as they are both very damaging to your hair. My hair was SO long and very damaged from perm and color already, and it took me 10-20 minutes to brush through it in the shower with conditioner on it. So instead of just repairing the current hairstyle I had, Dave and I decided to go drastic.


Here is my before picture. Totally unstyled, airdryed right after the shower. It wasn't always this ugly, I promise, but why style your hair if you're getting it done right?


Here is my after hair from behind.


Here is the picture we tried to copy


And here is Dave's attempt to copy that picture. But the beautiful thing about MY hair is that I just let it airdry and it looks very similar to her curled hair.

14 comments:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

it looks so cute! Love it!

The Johnson J's!! said...

Erica, its Jamie Johnson and I came across your blog on Google. I hope its ok for me to check it from time to time... I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!! So, so,so cute!!!

brookiebaby said...

As in Dave your husband cut it??? I'm confused...BUT I LOVE IT! VEry cute! I really like you with light hair!! Hottie!

Unknown said...

Cute hair I love getting my hair cut it always feels so much better.

Bethany said...

Wow- I love it! I have never seen you with short hair and it is really cute. Way to be brave, it totally paid off.

Tiff Rudd said...

VERY CUTE!! You look even better than the model! Did you measure how much you cut off? I'm sad I didn't have time to come visit you while we were in Utah - Hopefully next visit!

Egan Family said...

Erica Love it!! Kari told me she did it for you...and i've been dying to see it!! I love it!! I'll have to tell Kari she did a good job!

Anonymous said...

Erica - I got your message and wanted to write back with a few other things to share - can you send me your email address??

AND - I DO like the hair! ;-)

Theresa
stshowell@hotmail.com

Trisha said...

can't say it enough, I love it!

Kurst said...

I love the hair it's so cute!!! Cute blog now that I know the address I'll be visiting frequently.

Tauna said...

loooovvve it! you look so beautiful. So did Dave cut it for you?!! That's awesome if he did. It's the perfect summer do! It was so great to see you at the wedding. So now are you getting all ready for EFY? John has been getting his talks ready- so he'll be a little more relaxed that week.

Kayla said...

SOO cute Erica. I love it.

Jocee Bergeson said...

Way cute. I'm shocked you went for such a drastic change just b/c you love your long hair...I guess not anymore. I love it - looks really cute on you!!

Ashleigh said...

Really fun! Great look for summer! You look great in it!