Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Baby Post

Not feeling like blogging, but I love to have records of pregnancy.

This weekend at 32.5 weeks I had a dr's appt and 2 trips to L&D to get the Betamethasone shots for baby Walker's lungs. At the appt I was about 2 cm and 60% effaced baby at -1. I got two shots, 24 hours apart, and I can tell a huge difference now. The steroids take full effect by 48 hours, and this little baby's hiccups just doubled in their strength. I dare say that his lungs are developed now, not that we are ready for him to come yet, but whenever he decides the time is, he will be ready. Trying to hold him in as long as possible, but not trying to set too lofty of goals. I'm guessing still that he will be here by November 8th which is in 21 days (36 weeks).

Contractions are sparse most of the time, but always occur with movement (standing up, rolling over, etc.) Sometimes get more consistent, but I'm pretty good about getting them to go away since I've been doing this for so long. The steroids made me extremely ill, but that mostly went away. I'm still left with nausea right now and I'm not sure what that is about. Lost my breakfast this morning and felt pretty sorry for myself.

All in all though, I'm doing great. I'm happy and enjoying my life and my kids right now. Slighty braindead, but that seems to be normal for me now. I'm excited to have a new baby, but enjoying my time with him inside as I know it won't last forever!

No comments: