Monday, September 12, 2011

School

Oh school just saves me! I love my children so much more when I get more one on one time with them. And I am so much more sane when we have bedtimes and schedules. Summer is rough for me, although it was a really fun summer!

Isaac started school first, and it's been wonderful for him. He loves to go every day, can't wait for the next day. I told him he was old enough that he needed to shower in the morning every day. Make sure that he's nice and clean for school, without drool in the corners of his mouth or eye boogers! He wakes up, showers, gets dressed, eats his breakfast, and checks what is for lunch all by himself. I am awake, but he just does it all himself, and does it so fast that I can't seem to keep up. He is so independent, responsible, and sweet. He knows what time to leave, and gives himself plenty of time so we don't worry about missing the bus. I just don't know what more I could ask for.

It would seem that Isaac is the perfect child, but somehow, his presence stirs up drama. I think that's one thing about summer that is hard on me, a lot more fighting when he's around. But when he has school, he is so cheerful and everyone here gets along much better. *Sigh of relief*

Henry started school second, he is doing joy school. He is as happy as can be, and although he is so very clueless, he is with kids younger than him and will appear more intelligent! Haha. I think he'll learn alot, and next year I plan to send him to Sports Academy where I have high expectations of him becoming Kindergarten ready. He is so cute, I am happy to send him to school and not worry about him much.

Dawson started his 3rd year at Sports Academy, not what I had originally planned to do with him, but it all worked out this way. He is in a class with a couple of other July babies who didn't go to Kindergarten this year either. So I think the class will be fairly advanced and just perfect for him. He started out the year with a little stress, just like other years, but seems to be okay now. His backpack was torn, so I gave him a Lightning McQueen backpack and he was sure everyone was going to make fun of him. What? Dawson doesn't like to wake up, he got two wake ups this morning, and he begged me to go back upstairs and he would be right up. I told him I wasn't leaving until he was out of bed. He's a lot slower and tougher to get ready for school, but hopefully next year he will get on Isaac's schedule as they walk to the bus together.

With boy number five coming, we have officially created our own basketball team. How cool is that? Although I probably never would have chosen to have 5 boys in a row when we started this family, it has proven to be the most amazing thing for us! These boys are all best friends. They really don't have much need for any friends outside the home. They rarely ask if they can go play with anyone, and they are so bonded together. I daresay it's a bond that just wouldn't have happened with a mixed gender family. Not saying it's better than what anyone else has, but it has to be different, right? It's quite a unique thing to me, again, I wouldn't have chosen this, given the opportunity to choose, yet it's become a great blessing for our family and I would never give it up now! People keep asking if I'm going to try for a girl, and I can honestly say that at this point, I hope for 6 boys. A girl would be so out of place in this family!

It's so cute, these boys are very close in age, yet far enough apart that they do have some different interests right now. G. Jesse isn't quite as adept in Lego building as Isaac (although pretty darn good for a 2 year old), and Isaac and Daws are less likely to be found with Toy Story characters than the younger two. But I so frequently find them all playing together, even if it's with different stuff. I'll see all 4 boys playing in the same room, or same little area on the carpet, just wanting to be together even while they do totally different things.

We teach these boys that no one is more important than your brother. Friends will come and go, but your brother will always be there for you, your BEST FRIEND! Dave latched on to the basketball team thing, and bought them all matching Nikes for school this year. We've found that our Nikes have held up better than any other shoes we've gotten the boys, so hopefully this was worth the money. It wasn't cheap! Dave wants them to feel the "team spirit" to do anything he can to continue the bond that these boys have right now. It's cute.




Walking to joy school


Dawson's cheesy first day smile- doesn't reflect how he was actually feeling


Isaac didn't get a picture. He just moved so fast that morning, I wasn't ready for him to just leave like that. Oh well.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I really love that we have seasons of summer and seasons of school. It's a really good thing.

Why did you end up keeping Daws out of Kinder this year?