Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fashion, Fat, France

No one will understand that title. It's ok. This is kind of a funny post though. It's about fat. A little reminder to me for future reference.

Many people know that I have thyroid problems. I have had them since I was a freshman in college and I just take a few pills daily and it's no big deal. Well, a few weeks ago I ran out of my pills. I was busy with the basement and didn't refill them. I expected to start feeling tired or something, but I didn't really notice anything. So I started thinking maybe I didn't need the pills anymore. Why refill them if I don't need them. I hate taking pills, it's a pain.

Last week we went to St. George for Spring Break. It was wonderful. A great break for us. Well, on this trip I looked in the mirror and was pretty sure I looked fat. For a day I decided I was never eating again. Well, what I mean is, I ate everything I could, especially anything chocolate. Why is that? In the moment I realize I need to stop eating I have the urges to do the exact opposite!!!

So after feeling discouraged about my weight for a day it occurred to me that I hadn't been taking my thyroid. I know in the first week I hadn't gained any weight, but I hadn't weighed myself in the second and third weeks after stopping the pills.

When we came home I got on the scale. OUCH! I had gained 10 pounds in TWO WEEKS! That is disgusting. I could literally feel the fat on me. My thighs are touching when my legs are apart. My arms are sticking out because of the new fat on them. And my jeans don't fit!!! Gross.

The good news, and the only reason I can blog about this now, is that after only two days of taking my pills I have already lost 6 pounds. I don't really feel like I have though, I still feel super fat.

Anyway, it's a good reminder for me to keep taking my thyroid meds, and if anyone actually read this, it might be kind of funny for you to picture me blowing up like a balloon in just two short weeks. It's like the opposite of the reality shows. I could start a show called the Biggest Gainer! Hopefully the other four pounds come off fast too. :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I wish I would have noticed. It may have made me feel better about needing to loose weight myself.

Lo said...

well..some people get the title (; But seriously Ery, I didn't notice you had gained anything.