Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Starting in April

No promises though. I last blogged the first week of April. That was when my life "got flipped turned upside down". You see on St Patricks day, I told Dave, "I think we should wait another year to get pregnant."  He didn't like that idea. I went to the bathroom, peed on a stick, and realized it was too late anyway. I was so nervous about another pregnancy so soon. I had no idea. 

I always have daydreamed about not telling people I'm pregnant for a long time, but I realize that isn't an option everytime around 7 weeks when I want to die of morning sickness. So I pretended like nothing was happening as long as possible. 

The end of march brought spring break, which was blogged about partially. One story that didn't get recorded was on a hike with G. He was wearing a shirt that has an embroidered snake around the neck. On our hike I was in the back with him and was making conversation with him. I told him he had a snake on his shirt. He looked down and saw the snake. He started screaming, "get it off get it off!!!"  He ran as fast as he could flailing his arms while I screamed behind him, "it's not a real snake!!!"  He ran to Dave who had to convince him there wasn't a real snake on him. 

Anyway. Spring break started off great, and I packed some zofran knowing that sickness could begin that week. Monday I felt nauseated, and started eating a lot to keep from feeling sick. Tuesday worse and Wednesday I was throwing up my cereal. No more eating felt good. Saturday night we went to Denny's and I couldn't even eat. I threw up all day and all night long on Friday and Saturday now that I think about it. Sunday we had to come home, and I threw up at every rest stop. And in a bag while we drove. I was throwing up every 20-30 minutes. I wanted to die. The zofran I packed wasn't helping because I couldn't keep it down.  On the way home, I stopped at jesses office for a zofran shot. It seemed to help a little. 

I counted the hours until business hours Monday morning when I could talk to my ob about my options. (Euthanasia became my first choice, but was never offered). He offered me some alternate forms of zofran, but the best option was intramuscular injections. I just couldn't do anything oral. So on Monday I began injecting my hip with zofran. 


No comments: