Saturday, October 27, 2012

Walker *hic* turns *sob* one. Waaaaahhhhh!

Despite my best efforts to stop time, Walker woke up this morning a one year old. I'm sooo sad about it. I would like to press the restart button and poof, be back at the hospital in labor right now. This has been the best year of my life, I have loved raising this baby, and loved having him with my 4 other beauties. He has been a delightful baby, very sweet, and very into his mama. He enjoyed Henry's cake yesterday, and I'm trying to work up the courage to make a cake for Walker tonight. (Too much cake!)

Walker is crawling all over and getting into trouble. He can take a few steps, but doesn't believe in himself yet, so generally sits down when he notices he is standing alone. He still refuses the bottle and I figure ill be breastfeeding him until he's 10. He has starting talking a lot. He says mom, dad, duck, banana, this, bye bye, hi, and lots of sounds and gibberish. He is very particular about who holds him, but recently became quite obsessed with his dad. Walkers special feature is his inhaled squeal. He does that all the time, and has for months. It's really cute.

My kids always say that he's the cutest one in the family, that they love him the most, that he is the cutest baby in the world. In fact, though I've tried to tell them otherwise, they just assume I love him the most, because they do. The excitement of holding him and playing with him has never worn off for them, they still get excited for him to wake up. We love our baby and don't want him to grow up so fast!!!!!!

No comments: