Thursday, January 27, 2011

Just got back

I just returned from a trip to Disneyland with my older two boys. Just like last year, we went with Jesse, Brooke, Matthew, Drew, Trisha, and Naomi. We LOVE it. We had a great time, and I love having my little buddies on either side of me.

I will write a longer post later, but I wanted to dedicate a post to this one topic.

Last year, I left the babies with my parents, and Dave had the house to himself for 5 days. I came home to see not 1 thing done. Not a dish cleaned, not a sweep of the floor, nada. It wasn't a pretty scene when he found me.

THIS year, I came home to a beautifully clean house. With the mail, laid out neatly on the counter. With a nice smell in the house, and even a vacuumed floor.

Is this why people fall more and more in love every year? Their spouses get better every year? I think so.

Between him and my mom, they kept the babies healthy and happy while we had a blast in Disneyland. I'm so grateful for both of them!

5 comments:

Seriously... said...

it means you married a SMART man!!!! I think it's awesome you took the big boys, i bet they had so much fun! It was fun to meet you.....i'll post my pic of us soon! i'm turning off the computer for the night and going to watch some TV and eat a treat!

Jocelyn said...

Yeah, I don't know that Stanton will ever learn that one. :)

What a super fun trip...I love the idea.

Roxie said...

lol good job Dave, or was it your mom really? Man didn't you go last year too, so next year can i come?

Cathie said...

That is MUCH improvement! I am glad to hear it was sparkling clean this time! I was so excited to see your picture on Kendra's blog! How fun for you two to meet!

Christy said...

Erica,

WOW what a beautiful family you have. I love the picture on your home page and I think we need to catch up sometime. I heard you had a baby in the car and I am sure you have tons of amazing stories to tell with your growing family. Thanks for tracking us down. I would love to meet your Mother sometime she sounds very amazing, Like you!
Christy