Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bountiful Basket

I Love, Love, Love Bountiful Baskets. We love having all this fresh produce in the middle of the winter. And it has been totally helping me with cooking, because I have ingredients for fantastic meals, and sometimes different ingredients than I typically buy so we've had some different meals. It also helps the boys get some fruit and veggies, maybe not lots, but some. :)

I am always trying to tell people what I get and I can never remember. So I thought I would take a pic to show how awesome this is. If you haven't done Bountiful Baskets and you live in Utah, Idaho, or Arizona, it's time to try it! It is $15 per basket and you don't get to pick what you get. You just show up with a basket and they dump all this food in. It really is awesome!
Here is this weeks basket.


8 apples
4 Asian pears - which are really different, but really good
grape tomatoes
5 oranges
9 bananas
1 tiny butternut squash
1 large celery
1 head of broccoli
2 pounds of baby carrots
1 head of green lettuce
maybe 8 or 9 tiny yams

Bountiful Baskets is a Food Co-op. It is not a business. They just buy produce in bulk and split it up. It makes it so you get the food at rock bottom prices.
http://02b8ce3.netsolstores.com/producebaskets.aspx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you need to explain what a Bountiful basket really is. I have never heard of it and would like to know where you "show up" at?!!! Looks so yummy. You should share some of your recipes that you make with the food! Love your blog :)

Jocee Bergeson said...

that is fabulous. never heard of it. i'm definitely going to do this. thanks so much for tip!!

Erica said...

Amber, I can't believe you haven't heard of this! You are the shopping expert! It really is awesome, you both will love it.