Sunday, December 6, 2009

New Calling

Dave got a new calling last week. He was called to the High Council. It was kind of a surprise as he was just getting in his groove with his new calling as Ward Mission Leader. But I think it is a perfect calling for him, and he will do SUCH a great job with it. There will be no "Dry Council" when he's around, that's for sure. He is definitely the youngest of the 12, and I'm sure he'll learn a lot from being with them and the Stake Presidency.

Although I don't think he's thrilled with me blogging this, I don't have anywhere else that I journal anymore, so this is the place.

For the record, it was quite a Sunday for him last week, his day included the following meetings:

-Bishop's interview to advance as a High Priest
-Ward Council
-Ward Missionary Correlation
-Sacrament Meeting
-Sunday School
-Elder's Quorum (for the last time)
-Stake President interview to advance as a High Priest
-Stake Missionary Correlation meeting
-Tithing Settlement
-Stake Priesthood Meeting
-Setting apart as a High Priest and High Councilor

11 meetings in one day, that is definitely a record for this family. This week was a lot more low key, and I really think this calling will not impact our family too much other than the blessings he will receive as he serves.

I feel so extremely grateful to be married to such a wonderful man who has lived his life worthy, and prepared himself to receive this calling. As a young girl I dreamed of marrying a man who was a "worthy priesthood holder" and I think that is a dream come true. What more could I ask for? Well, that my sister's are blessed with the same, and that my boys become just like their father. (Well, with a little bit of me in there :).

1 comment:

Roxie said...

Congrats Dave! he will be great, and keep everyone awake in all their meeting!