Monday, December 14, 2009

9 months

My G. baby is 9 months old. He is so sweet. He really was such an easy baby until he decided to get teeth. He's been kind of a late bloomer with no teeth at nine months. The last week or so, he has had some moments of pain where he cried. (I mean crying? Are babies supposed to do that? Not mine anyway, who are the easiest, happiest, smartest kids on Earth! See disclaimer 12/11/2009) But luckily, he has responded to baby Motrin very well, and we have still enjoyed a happy baby most of the time. Hopefully these two teeth come through quickly and we can have a few pain-free weeks before he starts teething again. ;)

G. is on the move. As tradition would have it, he started scooting right before he turned nine months, just like Isaac and Dawson. He is now up on his hands and knees, but hasn't quite figured out the coordination with his hands. So he ends up looking like a worm sticking his little bum up in the air and then propelling himself forward, sometimes even face planting. It's pretty cute, but what else would you expect? (see disclaimer 12/11/2009) If he keeps with the tradition, he should take his first steps in his 11th month, and we'll have him walking before spring comes... HURRAY! Crawling outside is such a nasty thing. Henry was an early crawler and crawled around all summer, eating the dirt.

G. Jesse really has been such a happy baby, especially since he overcame the newborn stage. He is so content, I really thought he would never learn to crawl. He loves to smile, and smiles so big it's more like yawning. He laughs his head off at his brothers, when they do nothing at all.

Although this kid gave me the worst pregnancy yet, a momentary disappointment in gender, a violent, emergency, premature delivery in the car, and completely rocked my world as I had 4 kids 5 years and under home ALL DAY LONG, ALL SUMMER, I am so grateful for him. It really has been a hard, hard adjustment for me to go to four kids. I thank my lucky stars that he has been a fairly easy baby. I wouldn't trade him for anything now, not even a girl! He is a lot of fun, and I can't wait to ask him some day, "What was the big hurry to get here?"

2 comments:

Katie Petersen said...

Cute post! Your little G. really does have the prettiest eyes, its the first thing I always notice when I see him. The other night at the Christmas party, your little Henry was so cute, following his brothers around, trying to do everything they did. Your kiddos always make me smile! You guys are such a cute family =)

Brooke Low said...

I really wish I was closer to see your G. go through the baby stages. At least I got to see him when he was itty bitty!