Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to me......

My birthday was 2 weeks ago. It was a great day aside from the fight I got into with Dave, but he made up for it later. He got me the cutest ice cream cake. It was pink. And he bought me the Bissel Little Green carpet cleaner. I have been really wanting one, and now I won't have to borrow Julie Allens anymore.

Then my little sister Lauren came to my house and made me dinner. YUMM! How often do people come to your house and cook you dinner/dessert?

And lastly, my mom gave me two very special presents.

This is an Emerald/Diamond ring that my dad gave to my mom when they were dating. Isn't it cool? I wore it today and loved it.


This is a terrible picture, but this is a prism charm on a sterling silver chain. It belonged to my great grandmother. The story behind this is that my mom's grandmother had a beautiful vanity, and she would sometimes let my mom sit at it. My mom would try on this beautiful "diamond" and feel like a princess. She requested that her grandmother leave it to her, and now she gave it to me. It's beautiful, and special. A family heirloom. I love it.


I usually don't expect much for birthdays, but I must admit I got some of the best gifts ever this year. Happy Birthday to me!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Happy late birthday!!!! How was your trip?

I have to agree-- those are some pretty amazing gifts. That pendant is beautiful!!! And that there is meaning attached is icing on the proverbial cake.

Seriously... said...

happy birthday! i love that pendant! even better that it has a story to go with it. also love the ring...i've always loved emeralds for some reason. anyway, happy birthday, hope those boys took care of you!