Friday, March 4, 2011

I was raised....

Going to the racetrack with my dad like all good girls do. What? You didn't grow up with your dad taking you to the racetrack? It's such a wholesome atmosphere: drinking, gambling, smoking, swearing.....to name a few. Haha! In the years before my dad was baptized, he took great pride in his racehorses. This picture is of his all time favorite horse, EZ Ben. We always went down to the track at Freehold in NJ, and it was something I looked forward to as a kid. I remember taking my friend once and we both came home with long sleeved white t-shirts that had beer advertisements on them. Now that is some quality loot! And for years we used the free umbrellas my dad picked up there that had not so subtle COORS written on them.

Anyway, I found this picture when I was cleaning out my dad's office, and it includes my mom next to my Grandpa George and Grandma Lena, and the cute little girl my dad is holding, just happens to be me. And then there is Uncle Frank who looks like he's wearing an underwear shirt. I don't know who the other dudes in the picture are, or where my older sisters are? Anyway, I thought it was some fun family history.

No comments: