Monday, February 21, 2011

Spent a lovely afternoon

with the woman who adopted Mari's baby. Her name is Charity. She brought that cute little baby, I wanted to munch on him. He's so sweet. He still looks so much like Mari. We only spent a few hours together, but probably could have spent a lot longer if our lives permitted. We connected. We understood each other. It's funny because we went to high school together and even hung out with some of the same people, but never even spoke to each other. It's amazing the people you miss out on, when you brush shoulders with them daily. But the wonderful world of adoption brought us together 10 years after graduation, and now we have a forever bond. I am so thrilled with the family this little baby went to. He is so lucky, Charity is just so amazing, she handles her life with grace, even during hard times. She is a fantastic mom. And a great friend. I feel so blessed to have spent the afternoon with her, and hope we will get together in the future.

And a picture of the little munchkin. Isn't he scrumptious?

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Does she happen to work with LDS family services?

Charity said...

Erica- What can I say...I just loved our afternoon together! Thank you for letting me come and hang-out and talk. I am so grateful we are friends!