Friday, August 15, 2008

My baby got tubes!

This morning we made our way back to the surgical center, and Henry got ear tubes. Although he tricked everyone with his cheerful disposition, he has scarcely been without an ear infection over the last six months... and that was summer! Every time I took him in for a well child check they told me he had an ear infection, and I never even knew it. So we went for the tubes, and I feel like it was a great decision.

He did great, other than he hated coming out of the anesthesia. I kept asking the nurse if he was in pain because he really never cries. She told me it was very normal, babies don't like coming out of anesthesia. He smiled at all the nurses before we left, and he fell asleep on the way home. The whole thing took less than 2 hours.

So in my 4.5 years of being a parent I have never spent more than a co-pay for my children, and in the last thirty days we have had semi-major medical procedures on all three boys including: x-rays, boots, tonsils, hernia, cavities, and ear tubes. I feel like I usually do after I fix my car. I think to myself, "Hopefully I have fixed all the issues and it will be a long time before I have to put any more money into this thing!" Except it's a lot more gratifying to spend the money on your children's health than a car ;)

2 comments:

brookiebaby said...

Oh sweet little guy! That must be so hard having your little one have to have surgery...well two of your little ones! I'm glad that things are going better and wish everyone a speedy recovery! I can't imagine three unhealthy kids in one house!! :)

hortonhome said...

Hi, you don't know me. I'm trying to get hold of Eean Crawford, do you by chance have his email address? I was his seminary teacher in high school. I want to see his new babies if possible. Please forward this to him if you could. Thanks,

Andy Horton
Hortonao@ldschurch.org