Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Birthday Blog

This blog has turned into a birthday blog. Don't worry though, it will be fairly birthday free the rest of the year. Yesterday was Dave's birthday, and here is his cake that I made him.
It looks like an ordinary cake, but really, it has 4 layers on the inside each filled with cool-whip. It doesn't sound that exciting, but it really tastes good! It's Dave's favorite cake that his Mom made growing up, so I thought I would surprise him by making it myself!

It was a nice day, Isaac, Dawson, and I surprised him at work with a pizza and a milkshake. My present for him was the new Rocky Balboa DVD. His Mom gave him some new work shirts and some tennis balls. My Mom gave both of us a $50 Cafe Sabor gift certificate which we can't wait to use! Happy 34th Birthday Dave!
Isaac wasn't sure he wanted Daddy to have a birthday without him, but he went along with it in the end. Here he is helping Dad blow out the candles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cake looks good! You're so domestic Erica. I'm glad that Isaac was willing to share the birthday with Dave.

Trisha said...

That's my favorite cake too! My mom doesn't seem to make it anymore, I think the angel food cake is just a tad easier:)
I'm going to ask her to make it for my b-day! ha ha, or I'll just make it.
Yours looks perfect, and WOW, 4 layers! I would have cheated a little....